Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome to my vintage world

I have other blogs, only one of which I regularly post on but I realised I wanted to blog about my love of all things vintage and frankly old!
I'm getting that way myself. 
Now I no longer expect things to be perfect I feel much more comfortable.  Perfection apart from being impossible is actually very, very tiring.
I don't want perfection, I want life.
I love thrift shops, I love second hand stores, I love flea markets and antique shops although the last is usually way too expensive for me.
I'm a collector of course but an eclectic one. I only buy what I like, the things that speak to me and intrigue. And even when I see things I like, I don't always buy them.  My tastes range from clothing and accessories through to toys and household items - I even have old electrical components!I hope you enjoy my blog and come back and visit when you have the time.
And so we have a nice picture to look at this is what's left of my Dad's old Meccano plane from the 1930s. I did look up the number to find the exact year but I've forgotten it. Not that it matters. I just think it's rather lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment